Porsche Club of America members do more than drive cars!
The local Silver Sage Region’s 500+ members have donated more than $165,000 to community charities over the past 12 years. In 2018, donations exceeded $26k as members rallied in support of Feed The Gap, a non-profit organization dedicated to feed hungry children in Idaho schools who do not qualify for free or reduced breakfast and lunch, provide food on weekends for hungry children, and assist Idaho communities to create Summer Feeding Programs.
Previous recipients of charity efforts have been; The Jesse Tree, Miles of Smiles, Book it Forward! Idaho (BiF!I),The Community Stars, The Garden City Community Clinic, Make-A-Wish, the Idaho veteran’s Assistance League with Beds for Veterans, Backpacks for Kids through the Idaho Food Bank, the Women and Children’s Alliance, and Terry Reilly Health Services. Selection of benefit organizations is based on club member requests.
Each year the Porsche Club of America selects a region for its Public Service Award to recognize fund raising and community service activities. The Silver Sage Region efforts have been rewarded with a first-place trophy, as the best of 144 regions in the nation at the Porsche Club of American National Convention in both 2008, 2012 and 2016!
The 2019 Charity Auction is planned for Saturday, October 26th in the Aspen Room. For more information, please contact Charity Chairman, Molly Cuddeford at Charity@SilverSagePorsche.com
Discount room rates available on the evening of October 26th, at a rate of $108, which includes breakfast for 2. To reserve your room, call the Riverside Hotel at 208-343-1871 and ask for the Silver Sage Porsche Club rate to get the discount.
Silver Sage has selected Wish Granters as the 2019 charity organization. This organization was founded in 2010 and its mission is to grant wishes to adults who have terminal illnesses and give them and their families a memory they can have forever. It is the only adult wish-granting organization currently in Idaho and presently serves Ada and Canyon Counties. Over 300 wishes have been granted since founded. The average age is 47 years old and the average cost of a wish last year was $1,750. The predominant wish is generally for travel expenses to visit friends, family, or a vacation destination.
Your help and generosity with donating and buying auction items at our annual Charity Auction and Dinner has made the Club very successful for all the previous charities. Now it is time to do our part for this year’s, Wish Granters. There are several ways for you to personally help. The live and silent auction items are donated goods or services from individual Silver Sage members, as well as businesses.
- If you are a frequent customer of a business, please ask the owner/manager to donate. To assist in your efforts, use the Charity Business Donation Request Letter that describes the charity and how Silver Sage fundraises. This letter is available to download under the HERE.
- Suggested items: golf packages, ski packages, lift tickets, water park tickets, theater or movie tickets, wine/liquor basket, art works, jewelry, donate your cabin or timeshare, sports event, buy or make a gift basket, gift certificate for services (massages, spa days), Porsche or car items, new clothing items (Porsche logo items or scarves), gift certificate to a restaurant, prepare a private dinner for four or six (are you famous in your family for your chili…ribs…clam chowder… spaghetti?)
- Donated items are needed now through October 23rd. Contact Molly or Monika once you have the item(s) and/or need help with pick up at Charity@SilverSagePorsche.com.
Please support this charity and attend the club’s upcoming activities sponsoring this organization. Please go to the Club’s calendar for more details.
- October 26th: Charity Dinner and Auction at the Riverside Hotel, Aspen Room, 6 p.m. Dinner: $48.00 with appetizer, salads, mains and dessert. Register HERE.
- Discounted Room Rate at Riverside: $108 and includes breakfast for two. Call 208-343-1871 and ask for SSPCA rate.
- If you can’t attend, please send a check to Wish Granters, INC C/O SSPCA PO Box 912 Boise ID 83701-0912.
Past Silver Sage Charity Contributions
|2018||Feed the Gap||$26,500|
|2017||The Jesse Tree||$23,000|
|2016||Miles of Smiles||$16,000|
|2015||Book It Forward||$14,000|
|2014||Garden City Community Clinic & Boise Community Stars||$14,500|
|2013||HODIA (Summer camp for diabetes-afflicted kids)||$11,700|
|2012||Organization Assisting the Homeless Student (OATHS)||$12,000|
|2011||BEDS (Hospital Beds for Veterans)||$11,500|
|2010||Idaho Foodbank’s Backpack Program||$7,700|
|2009||Women’s and Children’s Alliance||$10,400|
|2008||Terry Reilly Health Services||$4,500|
|2006||Toys for Tots||(toys)|
|2005||Family Advocate Program||$3,000|
|1999||Toys for Tots||(toys)|